Friday, September 9, 2016

It's been a while, everyone. I haven't been on since... before Ra-san (the Chinese girl who lives here at Center) broke her foot in a bicycle accident.
Since then, a lot has happened. I went to the doctor once more for diabetes, which costs SO MUCH and apparently because it's a preexisting condition, I will get ZERO help from the government here to get insulin. Not exactly thrilling news.
Other than that though, I am happy to announce that Paloma is totally the absolute BEST friend that anyone like me could have. She is super chill when we hang out and enjoys the occasional beer, but is also one of the most dedicated and honest people that I think I have ever met. She is spending almost every night of the week (after getting home from working 9-5 every day except Tuesday and Wednesday) studying for the Japanese Language N2 test. She is taking the test in December and desperately wants to do well so that she can maybe have a chance to come back here and get her Master's degree in Marketing (since in Brazil, that kind of degree isn't commonplace).
Ra-san has been teaching me how to cook Chinese food, since that is what she eats, and since I'm helping her out while she's on crutches I've been getting quite good. It's been about 3 weeks since her injury and she's already getting much better and is really a fun and nice person (which I probably would never had known if not for the injury itself). I am really happy to be around her so much, even if sometimes I just want to find something microwavable to eat ^.^
The amusing thing is what happened on Sunday. I was biking over to get some grocery shopping done and I got hit by a car. I'm okay, other than some muscle damage in my knee; but the irony is not lost on me. Helping out the girl who got in an accident, and I get into an accident too? Sounds like a bad case of 'Final destination". I'm attaching pictures to this update.
I found out that my brothers started Kindergarten a couple days ago. I'm so happy and proud of them, they're getting so big. Collin also lost his first tooth, and if I know them Connor is probably desperate for his own to fall out (competitive lil squishies).
I got my class schedule sorted out and turned in to my professors. I am taking: Three Japanese courses, a Chinese class, a Korean class, a French class, a Communications course, and a Japanese-English comparative literature lecture. It's a little crowded but she said that I can go to the first course and then decide if I want to continue, which I might not, I already took 2 years of French and this is a beginners course so... who knows.
My latest blood sugars have been good, I got a 110 this morning before heading to the hospital for my shock therapy on my leg. I really do hope that it gets better soon, I'm climbing Mt Fuji on Tuesday with Paloma and Daniella-san.


No comments:

Post a Comment