Sunday, June 26, 2016

Sitting in the airport is the first time that I've really FELT like I am leaving. Leaving my dad, mom, brothers, sister, cousins, home, and birth-country.
So far, I have stood in a 45 minute security line, which anyone who travels knows ISN'T THAT HORRIBLE which is sad; I have also held my passport with the tickets in it like all the movie people do... 😊 just for giggles, and I am about to endure the EXTREMELY high airport food prices (or maybe just extremely high Starbucks prices??? Not sure which is worse).
All in all, after having spent some wonderful time with my family in Seattle, which is beautiful, I can contentedly say that I am okay with leaving.
I have spent a lot of time in my sister's shadow, and even some in my father's shadow; I am ready to be looked at like mysef, by people who have never met my family.
I am (Cliché incoming) spreading my wings.
Let's hope they hold my weight.

3 comments:

  1. Spread your wings and fly, girl! This is your dream (and your life) ... have fun living everyday and never let anyone make you feel any less than what you are - which is amazing and delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, you are going to do great. I remember when I left for the service, you hit that period where you realize there is no turning back and wonder "What the hell am I getting into!".
    Something about the sense of being on your own and knowing every outcome is from a decision you will make on your own is very rewarding.
    I will be thinking of you everyday and am very impressed with the decision you have made. Even though you don't see it yet, this is just one step that will help define the person you become. Love YA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Kate! Gambatte Kudasai! -Mike Scoblic

    ReplyDelete